Sources

April 15, 2012

Past knowledge and present moments



#WOTD: Past knowledge and present moments

Past, pasado, passato,passé. 

"The past turns quickly into the future at a control point called the present moment."

My dad said that line to me once when he and my mom dropped me off at my freshman dorm on the first day of my new life at TSU.  I was transitioning from a little girl into a woman whose future, he was reminding me, would always exist in the present moment of her life. 

I have learned in the ensuing years that the past is never very far behind us though.  No matter what it is, good, bad or indifferent, it is always there.   And the knowledge we learned in the past no matter how hard we try is always there in images, in words and in deeds. 

Yet, it has been the past, good, bad and indifferent that has constantly propelled me forward.  Propelled me to be better than the bad things.  Propelled me to do better than the good things, and propelled me to change those things that I was indifferent towards.

Today, I know this to be true; Christ died for my sins in the past...and as a result He has changed my future by helping me to live in my present.

Have a peaceful and restful Sabbath

No comments:

Post a Comment