Sources

March 8, 2012


#WOTD: The Nature of Things

Nature, natura, naturaleza.

“In nature there are neither rewards nor punishments; there are consequences.” Robert G. Ingersoll

As I began my morning contemplative meditation with God, His words struck such a chord in my life.  Where I now am is a place of such peace and I recognize I have had to get here through a weary winter of pain.  As I looked out the window with my cup of morning coffee in hand, I could hear the birds singing, and I see the grass and trees bearing life again.

I realized that nature is the embodied Spirit of the Creator.  Nature in its silence carries the Creators thoughts.  It doesn't shout to annouce its arrival of Spring.  As I anticipate the rose bush, the African violets, the daisy's and daffodils, my garden of cucumbers, strawberries and tomatoes, it's not lost on me how beautiful it all is.

If the Creator's thoughts is what makes nature...then the thoughts of the Creator must be beautiful.  When in the silence we can sense the presence of God in a flower...we realize that His message to us is in its beauty and its smell.

With our senses we can admire beautiful things.  Yet, with our senses we can admire nature and in doing so we can admire the Creator. 

Today, know this to be true; As we look out from beyond the weary, long months of winter...our lives often reflect those weary long months as well.  Yet, we can look towards spring and nature and be reminded as the great Seneca once said, “Everything is the product of one universal creative effort. There is nothing dead in Nature.” 

Today, as you look out and see the trees come back to life...know too that you are being reborn and restored as well.

Have a beautiful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment