Sources

March 15, 2012

To Whine or Win...That is the Question


#WOTD: Wasted Energy

Energy, energia, énergie.

"It takes as much energy to wish as it does to plan." - Eleanor Roosevelt

My granddaughter and I talked yesterday about the need to not whine.  Now please remember I'm having this conversation with a four year old.  However, in my mind I'm trying to prepare her for when she's forty-four years old.

You've heard the complaining and not just from four year olds, but twenty-four, thirty-four and on to those who are sixty-four and older:

"It's just too hard", "I'm too old", "I didn't get enough sleep", "I'm tired" and my all time favorite, "You just don't understand!"

When we learn to understand as I told my granddaughter - who's complaint was, "I'm tired, I don't want to get dressed!" - that by the time we finish the complaining and the whining, we could already be dressed.  By the time we finish the sentence of, "I'm tired" we could already have started and finished (in many cases) that which we have been complaining about.

Complaining and whining takes energy.  The same amount of energy as doing and completing.  Using and expending your energy on a daily basis comes down to one simple thing: Choice.

Each day we can choose to use the energy the Creator has given us in positive or negative ways.  Henry Ford once said, "Most people spend more time and energy going around problems than in trying to solve them."

Today, know this to be true; We can whine or we can win. Feeling sorry for oneself, and your circumstance, is not only a waste of energy but the worst habit you can possibly have.

Make it an energetic Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment