Sources

April 13, 2012


WOTD:   What if tomorrow never comes?

Tomorrow, maƱana, domani, demain.

"I set off today in search of tomorrow." Manana baby! - Yolanda

I started taking pictures down today that were a part of me and of my heart.  I realized that I can't make that part of my life come back by holding onto the past.  With a steady flow of tears rolling down my face I remembered every word, song, dance, poem, smile, heartbeat, tear, smell, touch and sound we ever shared. 

I remembered our tomorrows and the promises that come with tomorrow.  But tomorrow became yesterday and with it a new and different tomorrow.  Yet in reality there really are no tomorrows.  There are only today's. 

When we hang up the phone with people we say, "see you tomorrow," or we say "let's get together tomorrow."  But, what if tomorrow never comes?

I love watching my granddaughters play.  They play hard all day and fall in bed exhausted at the end of the day.  They have used up the entire day and they go off to bed in anticipation of tomorrow.  But what I have also seen is that they don't bring any of the sorrows from yesterday into that tomorrow.  They've forgotten the fight they had with each other.  They've moved beyond the broken toy, or torn book, or the 'no's' they received from mom or Nana. 

No, for them tomorrow is today.  It's a new day filled with new possibilities and new chances to explore what this life has to give. 

Today, know this to be true; we lose today, because there has been a yesterday, and with tomorrows coming we're bringing our broken toys, the 'no's', and the fights and drama we have had with one another.  Remember this, tomorrow never really comes.  There is only today.


Have a wonderful weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment