Sources

March 27, 2012


#WOTD: Pure Potential
Potential, potenziale, potencial, potentiel.

"The potential for greatness lives within each of us.”" - Wilma Rudolph

I remember attending college with Wilma Rudolph's daughter.   We shared the same floor in the dorm and we shared much more.  We shared the same first name and people would often get us mixed up and ask me if I was Wilma Rudolph's daughter. 

I often thought at the time, what a legacy to have to live up to.  I would see her on campus and think of the potential she had from such a legacy.  I knew she had run track, but I don't think her heart was in it because by our thrid year in school, she was already gone.  Yes, I believe she had the potential, but I also believe she carried around a legacy and a torch that wasn't her own.  It was the expectation of others.

Wilma Rudolph was right when she said, "Never underestimate the power of dreams and the influence of the human spirit. We are all the same in this notion: The potential for greatness lives within each of us."  But, that potential has to be what we know we are capable of and it has to be what drives our heart and makes us get up in the morning. 

We often underestimate our capacity for living our own dreams. There is never a right time to do a difficult thing.  Faith is the ability to have a vision of your own potential, not someone elses.

Today, know this to be true; what if you woke up this morning and you knew this was the last day on earth...a sobering thought would be, "Did I live up to my full potential?”

No comments:

Post a Comment