Sources

March 2, 2012


#WOTD: Satisfaction Guaranteed

Satisfied, satisfecho, soddisfatto,satisfait.

"After my spectacular failures, I could not be satisfied with an ordinary success." I love this quote by Mason Cooley.  When you fail at something in life, if you are wise, it teaches you what you will never settle for again.  That can include people, places and things.

As we head towards spring and I clean closets and close out chapters on my life, I am finally learning to be satisfied.  It's difficult to learn to be satisfied. 

Yes, satisfied means contentment, yet it also infers a peace about life's situations.

As humans we are rarely satisfied.  Why?  Well you know how you save up for a vacation of a lifetime...only to get home and be ready to take another.  That means you haven't really found that peace you went searching for on that vacation.

When we're kids we say, I can't wait till I'm a teen.  When we're teens we say, I can't wait till I'm grown and when we get there we can't wait to get married, have kids, or that job that will spell our success.

Actress Jayne Mansfield once said, "I will never be satisfied.  Life is one constant search for the betterment for me."

But what happens when we get it all...we'll we can't wait till we retire.  I have learned that to be satisifed when you retire means that you have found what you were looking for all along.  Peace. 

Today, know this to be true, when we stop long enough to know that there is nothing on earth that can ever satisfy our longing within, except that peace which passes all understanding, we can then learn to live in each moment, experience each journey on the road to our destiny.

No comments:

Post a Comment