Sources

February 22, 2012

#WOTD: Inside Job

Inside, à l'intérieur, interno, dentro de.

"The greatest loss in life is what dies inside us while we wait on life to get right." - Yolanda

I love mornings in the south.  They remind me of my childhood summers growing up in Alabama, when we would visit our grandparents and would wake up to a beautiful blackberry patch outside our window, a grapevine and pecan trees growing in the yard.  This morning as I rose and threw open the windows to take in that memory, it bought back the peace inside that I remembered from those days.

Quiet living.  Peace and contentment and the joy of knowing that each day is in the Creators hand.  As I reached for that morning cup of coffee, I realized that my peace, my contentment has not come about as a result of anything outside of me.  On the contrary its come about as a result of what's inside of me.

Contentment and peace are an inside job.  No, I've not decided not to look at my problems squarely in the face or play Pollyanna about the things in life that have bought so much pain.  What I have learned is to not let those 'things' define my life or my peace and joy about my life.  Contentment and peace are not passive and uninformed.  No, they are engaged and educated because I know there is no peace without power.  And power is about the choice to decide to let what I know inside of me define life, rather than what's going on outside of my life.

Contentment is not worried or anxious about what comes next, for it knows that in the next minutes, moments, days and weeks ahead the Creator never changes, never waivers.

Today, know this to be true; replace your worry with your work and move ahead in contentment.  Replace your pity with prayer and know that nothing can move you.  Replace your ego and pride with humility and accept that you've not been your best and then strive for excellence and not perfection.  Replace the blame game and grumbling with gratitude for those who have helped you and for those who have hurt you...and see won't you will be all the better for it.

Have a Wonderful Wednesday!

And don't forget....Our magazine blog site http://eloncouture.com/ (You're probably reading this on it) will be closing on March 1, 2012.  If you'd like to keep us with us we're now at  http://yolandawebb.blogspot.com/ and the name of our new blog site is LOL - Living Out Loud.  Because life changes us - but through it all we can smile again, laugh again and live our purpose out loud again.

We hope to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment